Homeschool High School Transcripts

Why Have a Homeschool High School Transcript?

The DREADED transcript… ¬†Transcripts are one of those aspects of homeschooling that strike fear and dread into parent’s hearts. I guess you could call it one of those “necessary evils.” Making high school homeschool transcripts sure isn’t easy, but it is definitely necessary. You see, every college needs to know what kind of student they are working with, and every employer wants to know if they are taking a risk. The transcript is the one tool they can use to get a glimpse into what makes an individual tick.

What should my homeschool high school transcript contain?

A home school high school transcript should contain all information pertinent to your student’s high school year. This information should include the courses that your student has taken as well as their descriptions. Yet, the transcript shouldn’t just cover courses… it should also include any extracurricular activities related to your student’s high school years. These activities should include and volunteer hours, leadership awards, honors, and athletics. The highschool transcript really should paint an accurate picture of who this person is.

What should my homeschool high school transcript look like?

The home school is an out of the box way to educate, however, the home school high school transcript shouldn’t be. Though you want your student’s transcript to stand out… you don’t want it to be garish or outlandish. The high school transcript should be neat, easy to read, and arranged in a manner that college and employers are familiar with. You student should stand out based on their accomplishments and academic achievement. Often course descriptions are required by colleges to accompany the transcript. These are definitely a headache… and probably the most difficult part of making a high school transcript. However, if you write course descriptions for your high schooler as they take the courses, then the description will be more accurately and much more easily written.

Download our free high school homeschool transcript.

January 30, 2013

Comments

1. Jamie says:
    Posted May 19, 2016 11:21 am

Hi Leslie,
    As a former school principal. The proper way to do it would be to request a copy of her public school transcript and then create your transcript for the years she homeschooled. So, yes you would have a transcript from both. When/if she applies to college, she would simply request and official transcript to be sent from her school to the college and then you would send your transcript for her remaining years. I hope that makes sense... :) Good luck!

2. leslie says:
    Posted May 17, 2016 8:24 pm

Hi - My daughter completed her first three years in a public school setting - would I need to submit that transcript with her homeschool transcript?? or can I combine them?? thank you!!

**not sure if it matters -but we are in Texas

3. Jamie says:
    Posted May 22, 2015 2:22 pm

Hi Ebony, Yes a homeschool transcript can get you in to university. My daughter was a homeschooler, and we created a good detailed transcript that explained her courses as well as giving her grades. We also listed extracurricular activities that she had done. She is now in her second year at university and on the President's List! Good luck!

4. ebony says:
    Posted May 21, 2015 11:57 am

hi,my name is ebony i have a simple question. i would like to know can my student go to university college with a homeschooler transcript and SAT test.

5. Mary Avenetti says:
    Posted March 26, 2015 3:32 pm

Hi, after homeschooling my son from 7-10 grade I wanted to enroll him in our public high school for his Jr and Sr year. I was told by the registrar that he would have to enroll as a freshmen because I didn't have him enrolled in an accredited homeschooling program. We followed the Abeka curriculum but I didn't send in tests etc to Abeka i just graded and tracked them myself. Is there a way to get credits for his home school time so he can enroll as a junior. We live in Marana School District in Pima County, Arizona.
    Thanks for any advice,
    Mary

6. Jamie says:
    Posted December 4, 2014 5:36 pm

You can make your own high school transcript following the ideas presented in this post. Just keep good records of your highschool student's grades all through their four years, and once you've finished you've pretty much got your transcript done. Good records are the key!!

7. noble blackson amankwah says: