Thread: Happy New Year + Resolutions!!

Happy New Year + Resolutions!!

Happy New Year to everyone here in the LHSHS student forum! Do we have any newbies here in the forum this year?? What are some of your New Year Resolutions?

For me, personally, I prefer making "goals" versus resolutions because it's easier for me to manage, and thus I'm more likely to actually succeed with them. Resolutions seem to me like something that has to change completely right away, versus goals are something to work for, with mini-goals as stepping stones along the way. A few of my goals are to:

--Start running more, 4 miles/week at least
    --Wear glasses again (I don't have horrible eyesight, but I've been avoiding glasses since I was 16 and I need to wear them again)
    --Edit my latest novel (from NaNoWriMo)
    --Read 20 books
    --Get five cavities filled under general anesthesia (go to the dentist regularly, kids, it'll save you a ton of money and pain in the long run-even if you eat well/have good dental hygiene)

The hardest of all of these for me would be the running again, but once I get into the habit it'll be easier. That is, it's the hardest other than the money for the fillings. But there's only so much I can do about that.

A new year is always a great time to refocus and reorganize. I love the clean, blank slate I feel I have in January. I hope you do well with your new goals!
    Mrs. J - homeschooling six in our crazy eclectic way! Using Spelling City, Time4Learning, and a lot more...and blogging about it at MomSCHOOL!