Thread: Preparing for the Empty Nest

Super Moderator

Preparing for the Empty Nest

Found this neat blog post by Traci via the February Let's Homeschool High School Blog Hop. It's funny, encouraging, and relevant. Preparing for the Empty Nest

After you read it, come back here and share your thoughts about what Traci has to say and be sure to add your own ideas!

Jackie

Jackie, thanks for the link and the encouragement. We just got the "10 weeks until graduation" reminder from our ceremony coordinator--reality hit with that one! Three months and our homeschooling journey will officially be over. I am waiting for the grieving process to kick in but so far just seem energized with the post-homeschool possibilities!
    Traci

Super Moderator
    Hi Traci,

I bet this 10 weeks will be the shortest 10 weeks in your life. I can see how right now you don't have time to think about the "end" and what it will bring. I am sure after all settles down, you will find exciting new things to do with your time, and I expect your days will be full of hearing all about college life.

Best wishes to you both and be sure to keep us in the loop.

Joyfully,
    Jackie

I have a long time, but I am dreading this.

Although, each of my kids either wants to continue to live with me or has said they want me to homeschool their future children. lol