Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Daughter Considering Entrepreneurship

Super Moderator

Daughter Considering Entrepreneurship

My daughter is considering starting her own business. We have discussed this as a family and are willing to research and learn more about it. I think it just might be a great learning experience for her (and our whole family since we would help her with everything). So many life skills just waiting to be learned.

Have your kids ever thought about being an entrepreneur?

My oldest wants to start a dog breeding/boarding business...but he hasn't done too much research yet. But we are moving to a place that might be the perfect place to start it!! I did have him research dog breeds and such and watch some you tube videos on owning your own business. I would love to hear from others who have kiddos with businesses already! I know that Andrew one of the student interns has a computer service business and both of the girls (Tia and Kaitlyn) are authors!!
    snippets likes this.
    “Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.”
    ― Dr. Seuss

Enough said.. Michelle aka pandahoneybee

Super Moderator
    I am seeing more and more about this topic for homeschoolers. There are seminars at homeschool conventions too. I even read an article a few days ago that said public schools are beginning to see a need to introduce classes for high schoolers in this area.

Super Moderator
    This weekend we were at a yard sale and found a great buy on display boards that companies use when they go to conventions. It comes with the case, and is huge and heavy, but does have wheels. We got a great buy on it and decided it would be perfect for our daughter to display her wares on when she attends conventions. We are hoping to maybe have her do her first convention in Sept. or Oct., but we have lots going on now, so don't know if everything will be ready by then. At least we are moving forward.

How about everybody else, are you moving forward with your child's entrepreneurial ideas?

Super Moderator
    My daughter is thinking about taking the economics and personal finance class at the new Time4Learning high school.
    High School Curriculum - Interactive Learning Program

Super Moderator
    I've posted a few times about my daughter beginning her own business, well....she is finally taking her first big step. She is on a waiting list for a vendor booth at an anime convention in November and she has put in for anther vendor booth at another convention in May. I hope these work out for her.

The first convention is in Columbus, GA, and is a pretty small convention, which is perfect for her first time out. I hope she gets an opportunity to do this one. The second one she put in for is in Atlanta and is a very big convention. I know she can do it...keeping my fingers crossed she gets a table.

Meanwhile, she is busy working on items so she can be ready to sell, sell, sell.

What about anyone else??? How are your teen entrepreneurs doing?

Super Moderator
    My daughter has taken another baby step toward her own business. She created several handcrafted anime Mochi's and a few handpainted pillows to put on eBay. I am very proud of her. She is working hard.

Here are a few links if you want to see some of what she has done:

Attack on Titan Shingeki No Kyojin Eren Jaeger Yeager Handcrafted Pillow Anime | eBay

Mochi America Axis Powers Hetalia Plushie Anime Hand Crafted Mochi Talia | eBay

Hetalia Italy Flag Pillow Anime Handcrafted Soft Plushie One of A Kind | eBay

Sounds great... we started a business with another homeschool mom and daughter this past summer... it was fun - and made enough money for us to go on a cruise! FUN!!!
    snippets likes this.
    Mrs. J - homeschooling six in our crazy eclectic way! Using Spelling City, Time4Learning, and a lot more...and blogging about it at MomSCHOOL!

Super Moderator
    Wow! How exciting. I'm curious to know what you guys sold in order to earn enough for a cruise for two.

So sorry - snippets - I just caught this now... We actually earned enough money for a cruise for four. It was our two daughters homeschool senior trip...

We used recycled pallets to make signs and furniture... you can see our stuff here... https://www.facebook.com/sweetsouthernsalvage

It was loads of fun with little to no overhead....
    Mrs. J - homeschooling six in our crazy eclectic way! Using Spelling City, Time4Learning, and a lot more...and blogging about it at MomSCHOOL!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast