It's back to homeschool season around here, and we at LHSHS just wanted to make sure you knew a few specifics that might make your homeschool year even better.
- Do you know that state homeschool laws can change from year to year? It's good to pull them up and give them a good "look over" once a year. Back to Homeschool time is a perfect time to do that. In fact, Let's Homeschool Highschool has created a great directory to help make that task even easier for you. Just scroll through our Highschool Homeschooling Laws By State post to find your state.
- Do you know that homeschoolers typically score a grade higher than their "other" schooled peers? That gap often increases by 4 grades or more as the student reaches high school. So, homeschool and enjoy a quality education that stands for itself.
- Do you know that 92% of homeschool students say that they are happy that they were homeschooled? Most of those go on to say that they plan to homeschool their children one day. (HSLDA)
- Do you know that it is easier to keep track of your student's homeschool documentation as you go? Sure, we all know that "record keeping" is a real bore. Yet, if you can keep weekly records or even monthly records of what your high schoolers are doing it's so much easier than trying to remember at the end of the year. LHSHS wants to help you tame that "record monster." We've created easy to download record forms in our Free Printable Resources.
- Do you know that Dual Enrollment is an easy way for your highschooler to get a jump on college? Our Dual Enrollment article helps you decide if this route is right for you.
Jamie - one of your LHSHS Admins