Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By snippets
  • 2 Post By Jamie

Thread: Discipling My Child's Heart...

Discipling My Child's Heart...

I see so many families struggling these days with rebellion and bad attitudes in their children... I have always been a parent who wants my children to be close to them... friends but with respect. So far, God has been good to us to give us this, but my second child is beginning to show signs of a quiet rebellion. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to encourage her to give up that rebellion?
    Mrs. J - homeschooling six in our crazy eclectic way! Using Spelling City, Time4Learning, and a lot more...and blogging about it at MomSCHOOL!

What kind of rebellion?
    I think some of it is just natural for the age.

There are many ways that she exhibits this, sometimes it's different and sometimes it's very obvious. It can be anything from ignoring her father and I to what she listens to and watches. Her friendships have a lot to do with it, and we are working on encouraging her to "hang" with positive influences... She has started to and things do seem to be better. My hearts desire is to not just see her conform to what her daddy and I want outwardly... But to see a change from within...
    Mrs. J - homeschooling six in our crazy eclectic way! Using Spelling City, Time4Learning, and a lot more...and blogging about it at MomSCHOOL!

Super Moderator

Discipling My Child's Heart

Quote Originally Posted by mrs.j View Post
    There are many ways that she exhibits this, sometimes it's different and sometimes it's very obvious. It can be anything from ignoring her father and I to what she listens to and watches. Her friendships have a lot to do with it, and we are working on encouraging her to "hang" with positive influences... She has started to and things do seem to be better. My hearts desire is to not just see her conform to what her daddy and I want outwardly... But to see a change from within...

I would suggest praying scriptures over her. Here are some general suggestions:

Self- Control: 1 Thessalonians 5:6--Father, help (your child's name) not be like many others, but to be alert and self-controlled in all she does.

Respect: 1 Peter 2:17--Father God, help (your child's name) show proper respect to everyone, as your Word commands.

Responsibility: Galatians 6:5--Lord grant that (your child's name) would learn to be responsible, for each one should carry his own load.

Wisdom: James 1:5--Father, I pray that (your child's name) would ask and that you would generously give wisdom to her as you promise.

Purity: Psalm 51:10--Create in (your child's name) a pure heart, O God and let that purity of heart be shown in her life.

Peace Loving: Romans 14:19--Father God, help (your child's name) make every effort to do what leads to peace.
    lovehomschlg3 likes this.

Thank you, I believe that praying scripture is so beneficial. God has been really helping us lately... It is now just mostly mood swings... In a big way!
    snippets and lovehomschlg3 like this.