Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jamie

Thread: Ideas for a Good High School Bible curriculum?

Ideas for a Good High School Bible curriculum?

I have two high schoolers that are independent learners. I am looking for a high school Bible curriculum that will be challenging yet easy enough for them to do on their own. I'm not into ABEKA and the DVDs... Has anyone found one like this?
    Mrs. J - homeschooling six in our crazy eclectic way! Using Spelling City, Time4Learning, and a lot more...and blogging about it at MomSCHOOL!

Super Moderator
    I am not an A-Beka fan either. What about the Bob Jones series? I know they also use DVD's and some online virtual stuff. What about Kahn Academy? My daughter is using a Pre-GED book as her core and we are supplementing with Drive Thru History, Use It! Don't Lose It! Daily Language workbook, Brain Quest cards, a writing series we didn't finish last year, and a few other things.

We love Drive Thru History... one of our favorite things to watch! Wish I could afford to buy them all! I've never heard of UseIt! Don't Lose it! is that grammar?
    Mrs. J - homeschooling six in our crazy eclectic way! Using Spelling City, Time4Learning, and a lot more...and blogging about it at MomSCHOOL!

I'm seeing this a little late, but we LOVE the free video series on iTunes U from Liberty University--Old Testament Survey. The guy teaching is really engaging, and he makes a few jokes to keep it interesting.

I have my 15-year-old daughter watch the videos and take notes as she hears/sees something that seems important. Most of the video is the professor lecturing from his desk, but his own notes are shown sometimes.

There aren't any supplemental resources like quizzes or study questions, but she has learned a TON about the Old Testament from this class. The class is college level, so we just spread it out at one video per week (there are 35, I think) instead of trying to complete it in a semester.

Oh thanks! This sounds great! I'll have to look that up on iTunes!

I found these FREE Bible course videos as well. (I love free!) They are actually freshman OT/NT Survey courses.

snippets likes this.