Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Hi! I'm Daisy...

Hi! I'm Daisy...

Hello!

I'm Daisy, and I am in 9th grade. I have been homeschooled since 2nd grade, and I have no intentions of going back to school at any point. I love to read, and write (I have won NaNoWriMo each of the last two years), and I have a blog where I talk about both. I also blog about TV shows I love (Buffy, Downton Abbey, Sherlock, ect.) and about what ever else comes up.

Where I live, there is a program so that 11th and 12th graders can take classes at their local community colleges for free, and they count as high school credit, and some colleges (that part is a little complicated) accept them as college credit. I can not wait until I am old enough to start!

I would love to go into some field related to books or writing someday: librarian, editor, publisher, maybe college English teacher...

I found this community on Google+ and I am excited to now be a part of it!

Hey Daisy! I'm learnerwithapassion! I'm in 9th grad too! I've been homeschooled all my life. I LOOOOVE reading and writing, and I've won NanoWrimo twice too! I've been taking music classes at my community college since I was 9, and I am currently in their Youth Symphony, Adult Symphony, Jazz Band, Symphonic Band, and Community Chorale. I'm REALLY into my music (I plan on going to a 4year music conservatory for my flute), but I also love to write. So good to meet you!!!

P.s Do you like Dr. Who?
    learnerwithapassion

Hi Daisy! I'm Tia. Good to have you here! I have also been public schooled, so I can totally relate with you. Congrats on your writing! That's great. What's your blog? I'd like to check it out!

Hi guys!

No, I have not watched Dr. Who, but I mean to at some point in the near future.

My new blog is Reading, Writing, and Graduating Highschool (Someday). Unfortunatly, there is not much up there yet, but there will be soon. I closed my old blog about four months ago, so many of the posts that will come up on this blog, mostly the ones about homeschooling, are being recycling from over there.

Hi Daisy! I feel the title of your thread here is a reference to something...

I can see you've made progress on your blog since you first linked it here. If you'd like, we can add it to our student blog roll if it isn't there already. Anyway, welcome to the forums! Winning NaNoWriMo already won you the hearts of our many writerly types around here.

Quote Originally Posted by ajones20 View Post
    Hi Daisy! I feel the title of your thread here is a reference to something...
    "Hi, I'm Dory..."

Established Member
    Hi Daisy!!! I'm Kaitlyn! I'm actually a published author, along with Tialla Rising!! I know I speak for Tialla when I say we LOVE writing so much! I'm so impressed that you've won NaNoWriMo two years in a row! I personally have never tried NaNoWriMo, and I don't have a reason. Haha! I look forward to seeing you around here!!! <3

I just added my blog to the blogroll a few days ago.

NaNoWriMo is really fun. For me, I don't so much do it for the writing, as the exercise in accountability. I love writing, but sometimes it can be hard to get started. Having to write 1666 words a day for a month is really about getting the words down, and not always so much about what you write. I am a bit of a perfectionist, and so it has also helped me just write now, and edit later.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes!
    kaitlyn and tiallarising like this.

Banned
    Hello Everyone,

I am a Jennifer, i enjoy this forum. I like education related topic discussion.

Welcome to this forum and if u interested any details on IT related courses materials and training program.

you read more details so u review this site - All Exam Guide | Your Guide to Professional Certifications

Established Member
    Hey Daisy! Thanks for coming to join us! TTYL! DFTBA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast