Thread: Introduction: The Homeschool Survivor

Introduction: The Homeschool Survivor

Hey! Hi there. I'm Andrew, but you can call me The Homeschool Survivor. Why am I called that? It's very complicated, you see: I made it all the way through K-12 while homeschooling most of those years! It was a pleasure to do it, and I'm starting college full time very soon. I'll be working towards a Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology and an Amateur's Degree in Saying Funny Things on the Internet.

But that's the boring stuff. Here's the absolutely-not-truth-enhanced facts about me:

-At five months old, I was an adviser for Best Buy's Geek Squad.
    -One time, during a vacation, I got a little turned around and ended up walking through the doors of a technology convention. Everyone stopped moving completely the moment I entered. Shot glasses fell out of clenched hands, the only sound breaking the utter silence. Bill Gates, then-CEO of Microsoft, walked over to me and picked me up in the air. He shed a single, nerdy tear as the main theme from The Lion King played. I can't remember his exact words, but they were along the lines of, "This is him. This is The One."
    -When a spider or other tiny, six-legged demonspawn comes within three feet of me, reality itself slows down and I turn into an action movie hero for the few seconds it takes to spout a witty one liner and turn my foe to paste.

Most importantly, I'll be moderating the student section of Let's Homeschool High School! If you have any questions or problems, redirect them to me. Have a good one!

Hahahah! I can just feel the truth emanating from you right now. *sagenod* No. Really. It's rolling off in waves. By all means, tell me more about your experiences as The Chosen One!

Also, you haven't been assimilated, by chance, have you? If you have been, you should know that I've totally been assimilated, too. There's no need to re-assimilate me. Honest. And I'm happy as a borg. Super happy. I couldn't be more elated about it. Resistance is futile.

Anyway, pleasure to meet you, Andrew! What else do you do--I mean, when Mr. Gates isn't taking up all your time grooming you to take his seat.

Also, all this take of Bill Gates made me think of this song:

Quote Originally Posted by Katie W. View Post
    Anyway, pleasure to meet you, Andrew! What else do you do--I mean, when Mr. Gates isn't taking up all your time grooming you to take his seat.
    In my spare time, I run a cereal corporation. You may be asking "which one". The answer is all of them.

More seriously, I have a lot of hobbies, many of which I use my Metal Information Box to participate in, if you know what I'm saying. I'm saying I'm on the computer all the time. I draw, write, program, and make one Facebook post a week just so my relatives know I'm alive.

sounds like you have an interesting life....