Thread: Duel Enrollment

Duel Enrollment

Hey guys! Are any of you doing dual enrollment this year?
    Last edited by tiallarising; 10-03-2013 at 06:05 PM.

Established Member
    No, I'm not, but I am thinking about it for maybe my junior year. What about you?

Established Member
    I'm taking chemistry at a high school.
    I don't really like it, it's sort of boring and it takes up a lot of time. Also the teacher has this motivational sign that says "Work hard, no shortcuts!" and it drives me crazy because in the real world you want to take shortcuts whenever possible.
    It is fun to be able to do things in a lab, though.

@HylianAssistant - That would probably be a great thing for your junior year. I have a lot of friends who are doing dual enrollment and they are really enjoying it - err, they usually enjoy it because it's nice to get out of the house and they're earning college credit. No, I'm not doing it - I'm graduated.

@OrchidCeleste98 - I really didn't like chemistry, but I think I would have liked it better if I had been able to do things in a lab - like you mentioned. Haha, that sign is funny...but probably a good thing for a chemistry class. Don't want to take any shortcuts in chemistry experiments or someone could end up dead.

Established Member
    Well, thank you the encouragement! I had also considered doing Foreign Exchange at some point through my school. I've thought that going to Spain or England would be awesome, not to mention getting part of my education there!

@HylianAssistant - um, yeah going to a foreign country would be amazing!! But is that available for homeschoolers? How would you do that? I say, if you can, go for it! You never know if you'll get another chance to go to a foreign country.

Oh wait...you're not homeschooled anymore, are you?

Established Member
    No I'm not. My mum and I had been talking about going to high school, and we decided that I should go to the local Charter school. I miss it though!

Oh okay!! Haha after I posted that, I seemed to remember that you weren't in homeschool anymore. Well, like I said before, if you have the chance to do Foreign Exchange, go for it! That sounds awesome.