Thread: High School Transcripts for Homeschool: Thoughts...?

Question High School Transcripts for Homeschool: Thoughts...?

Hello. I thought it would be cool if we shared what kind of stuff we were going to do with our transcripts. It's a lot more flexible in homeschool, I've noticed. So I'm going to do a lot more specialized things on mine. Since I want to be a singer, I'm planning on doing a lot of credits for that. But since my brother is planning to go into math or science, he's doing a lot of AP math/science courses. What are you guys doing with transcripts?

_Autry

I've gotta say, I'm not knowledgeable in this field: what do you mean by "what you're going to do with them?" As in, what you're going to do to get your required credits for each category of education?

Yeah!!
    I don't really know much either. Then again, I don't start high school til January. I just found it interesting that my brother, who wants to go into the sciences, is probably going to have more science credits than me. And I'll probably have more fine art credits than him.

Well, I attempted to have a well rounded education by doing a lot of art, science and math my exercise skills lacked, though... good thing they didn't require much of that on the transcript

This site has an interesting note on Homeschooler transcripts: Homeschooling the High Schooler | FPEA

"You may also choose to include volunteer hours and college entrance-exam scores."

I'm pretty sure you can take an entrance exam before you sign up to a college full time or even graduate high school. I would recommend taking one of those if you want to make a homeschool transcript look good as they are not very hard for a well-studied homeschooler, so once you're near the end of high school you should know everything require to pass one.

I think striving to have a good amount of credits in all subjects is a great goal to aim for, but yeah, definitely do more in the ones you are interested in! Such as for me, I'm not all that into math, so I have four math credits...but I LOVE science and writing, in which I have many more credits. Electives are also great for putting credits on your transcript, not to mention the life skills that come out of them.