View Poll Results: How many stories have you written?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1-2

2 100.00%
  • 3-4

0 0%
  • 5-6

0 0%
  • 7-8

0 0%
  • 9+

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: NaNoWriMo!!

Established Member

NaNoWriMo!!

Hey just wondered, how many of you have written a story before through this program? If you have, please answer the poll ^ up there.

Thanks, peoples!!
    Last edited by HylianAssistant; 10-09-2012 at 11:01 PM.

I did a few years ago. I reached my word count, but not the end of the story.
    learnerwithapassion

I've never done this, but I would love to this year if it's still going and I have the time to do so. If not, I'll wait 'til next year.

Curious: what did everyone write about the last times they've tried?

Established Member
    I haven't written a story yet, but I plan on writing one this year.

Established Member
    NaNoWriMo is starting Nov. 1 if you'd to try your hands at writing a book. Ther's forum there, and dares, and other neat stuff. Just don't be afraid to have fun with writing! This is my first time, and to tell you the truth, I'm scared! But I've thrown out my inner editor and I can't look back now!

P.S. The web page is: www.nanowrimo.org!

I've heard they have an official forum where you can get critique on your work, along with visits from famous authors. Hope to see what everyone writes, I probably won't be participating this year (schoolwork...)
    Last edited by ajones20; 11-09-2012 at 04:11 AM.

I'm writing a story with my bestie. We're not soooo original. It's a Harry Potter fanfic, but it's still gonna be 50000 words. We're at 10000 now, so! Just an observation, people have such different writing styles. I'm a short story person, so I'm always straight to the point, no unimportant descriptions and such, but my friend is AMAZING at that. I love reading her stuff, which has detail, while mine is all talking and feeling. It's a good mix.
    learnerwithapassion

Both styles work well, but the latter easily falls prey to Passive Voice in unskilled hands Probably why I prefer dialogue to descriptions.

Yeah me too, but that's prolly just cuz I'm not good at it. Half way there!!!
    learnerwithapassion

Established Member
    Considering I've published a novel and about to publish my second one, I've actually never done NaNoWriMo. I guess it's because it makes me a little nervous. I like taking my time and I'm a strict editor. Just the idea of only having a month to write a book has me on the edge of my seat. I know it's just to finish draft one, but to me, that DOESN'T COUNT! Because my books are never really real to me until the final draft. I don't know. Maybe I'll try this year (2013), but maybe not.... Haha.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast