Thread: Stress relievers

Stress relievers

Anyone have any good ideas for stress relief? I have two weeks until graduation, but I think I'm internalizing stress more than I realize, and it's starting to wear on me. BUT, I am determined to make it strong and healthy to graduation, so any suggestions??

Established Member
    I think distraction works best. I find that if I try to think about the things that are stressing me out I just get more anxiety.

Congratulations on your upcoming graduation!

Thanks so much!! So, perhaps focusing on new ideas for my sequel will help keep me from stressing on finishing school/preparing for graduation. Thanks for the suggestion! And thanks for the congrats. I'm so excited about graduation!

Just try not to get TOO distracted... often I'll give in to short-term niceties when working on a long-term project. Then I run out of time for the project! Haha. Food works well, but you risk developing a stress-eater habit if you do it all the time.

Established Member
    Hot showers, a cup of tea, a good book to read, sunshine, a few minutes of prayer, Bible study, music (soft or hard; whatever works better for you), exercising, eating the right foods with an emphasis on fruits and veggies (NOT sugary items because they can increase anxiety). Just simply taking care of your body!

@ajones20 - Thanks! Yeah, sometimes, I just have to indulge myself in a bit of chocolate. Probably not the best solution, and you're right - I definitely don't want to develop a stress = eating habit. However, "stressed" spelled backwards IS "desserts" so.... :P

@kaitlyn - Thanks for the suggestions! All of the things you mentioned sound REALLY nice...especially the tea, a good book, sunshine, and music. Unfortunately, I don't have hardly any time to read or exercise...or spend time in the sun, but I'm going to do my best to work it in! Thanks again!