Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By learnerwithapassion

Thread: Schedules

Established Member

Schedules

We use schedules and go by a certain time-frame. If we don't finish a certain subject by the "times-up", we set it aside to do as "homework" after everything on the schedule is completed.

How do YOU do school?

When I was doing homeschool, that's what we did most of the time too :P I would have to set aside time in the evening for homework (leftover work), or barring that, do it over the weekend.

My family was very different, it sounds like. We didn't use schedules. Instead, we had a checksheet of things we had to do (quantified in times where necessary, e.g., two hours of reading a certain book). We had to finish everything on the checksheet before we went to bed. Sometimes we were up long into the evening, but it was our own fault for dawdling between checksheet items.

Established Member
    Katie, my family actually fluctuates between these two, believe it or not! We'll start off the school year with the schedule I talked about and then I end up just using a checklist. For me, it's just so much easier!!!!

Having a big family, and everyone being in sooo many activities, my mom makes schedules for us. But if we don't get something done, it's not THAT big a deal. It's just left for the weekend.
    kaitlyn likes this.
    learnerwithapassion