Thread: Do you stress out about your homeschool grades?

Do you stress out about your homeschool grades?

Funny enough, I didn't stress out about grades much before college. I've talked to some people who DO stress out about their "GPA" (transcript average(s)?), and it never really made much sense. Jumping from homeschool to Harvard is pretty much impossible, application-wise! Are there any people who do worry about their grades here? If so, why? Just self-competition?

When I was in homeschool, I would always feel horrible if I got a C. I was fine with A's and B's - honestly, that's what I averaged for most of the time. So, I was used to getting high scores, which made getting a C or lower really devastating.

I guess I just...wanted to do as well as I possibly could. I was raised believing in the Scripture verse Colossians 3:23, "Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than men." I knew I could do better than a C, so I felt bad when I didn't apply myself enough to better. After all, if you don't do your best, you're just hurting yourself. My education was always super important to me.

So...I guess that's why. Haha. :P

Huh. Sounds like you're even more of an overachiever than me but I do believe in the hard work bit. After all, if everyone gave their best all the time, we'd have flying cars and toilets that don't clog by now.

Yeah, I'm admittedly a huge overachiever. Shouldn't that be a good thing? :P Haha. Exactly! Hard work benefits everyone!