Thread: I Have a Dream

I Have a Dream

I have no right to plagiarize Martin Luther King Jr. like that. Allow me to humbly credit the title of this post to a great man.

That done, I just wanted to open up a discussion about future dreams, goals, ambitions, etc--just to see what people are thinking. I'll go first.

To be honest, I go through life goals faster than chocolate bars. For the longest time when I was a kid, I wanted nothing more than to join Starfleet. Obviously, that didn't pan out (a thousand curses on you, Reality!). Since then, I've actively striven towards becoming, in order:

• A mathematician
    • An animator
    • A physicist
    • An musical actress
    • An opera singer
    • A folk singer
    • ANY kind of singer
    • A music technologist
    • A singer/pianist
    • A politician
    • A businesswoman
    • A politician AND a businesswoman
    • And now: a politician AND a businesswoman AND a writer.

Yeah. It's complicated. And that list starts with my freshman semester of college, which happened... oh, eleven months ago? My current dream is to one day open up a restaurant/bookstore downtown that caters specifically to writers. Pretty much an internet cafe. That's what the business degree is for. The political science degree I want is basically just so I can go around making a nuisance out of myself with some level of proficiency.

What do you guys want to do with your lives?

Established Member
    I used to want to be a writer. Ever since I was REALLY little, I was always interested in writing. I could never keep up with a series, though. In my entire life, I've only finished one book, and even that was only 30 pages _ _|||

However, I recently started to draw manga (okay, it was about 2 years ago, so it wasn't THAT recent) and started to like drawing more than writing. So I thought that maybe instead of being a writer, I can be a manga-ka (which is still kind of a writer, isn't it? ^^; ) I STILL can't keep up with a series, though... .__.

So, basically, I want to make stories that bring joy to people ^.^

Hahahah, I hear you, re:can't keep up with a series. The story I'm writing now started out as a graphic novel, and I had so much trouble keeping up with it. It's a lot of work--especially working in a visual medium--and schedules can be such a pain in the butt.

Do you have any big projects going right now?

Established Member
    Mmmm...I wouldn't really call it a big project, but I am working on a manga called "100%". I don't really work on it on schedule, just whenever I feel like it _ _||| Guess that says something about myself...

Only that you're not professional--yet.

What's it about?

Established Member
    XD Yeah, not yet.

It's about a girl who learns that she is able to see a species that are normally invisible to humans. They're not ghost, they're a species that have yet to be named. XD;;

I'm still working out a lot of the details. I thought that if I started the series I might get some ideas...for names. That's pretty much the only thing I'm having trouble with for this manga. I already know the plot, where they live, the characters looks and personalities. I'm just having troubles with the names. I can always give random names, but...I want it to mean something. Maybe I'm just being finicky XD;;

My dreams...

To become a touring flutist.
    To write.
    To sing.
    To teach.
    To act.
    To help kids.
    learnerwithapassion