Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Jobs

Jobs

So, in this "preparing for the future" forum, I thought I would bring up jobs. What do you do? What do you want to do? Your dream job/position/career? Is your current job preparing you for it? Or setting you in line with it?

My dream is to be a wife and mother, and write fiction novels while I'm at it. I'm an intern for this website, which does involve a lot of writing and marketing skills...and I definitely believe that it is giving me experience for what I will need later on. I've already published my first fiction novel, so that's obviously a step in the right direction.

I have two dream lives; one that's realistic (relatively) and one that's fantastical.

Realistic: I want to be a soloing flutist that tours the world performing. I've been playing since I was 7, and I've already performed a LOT, so this looks possible. Whilst touring, I will hopefully find the place I want to end up living for the rest of my life (or at least a long period of it ). When I do, I'll join all the local music groups, teach lessons, and write. And maybe I'll find my soulmate along the way.

Fantastical: My DREAM upon DREAM job, would be to perform on Broadway, but I have neither the singing nor acting talent to do so. I still ADORE all musicals.
    learnerwithapassion

Established Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tiallarising View Post
    So, in this "preparing for the future" forum, I thought I would bring up jobs. What do you do? What do you want to do? Your dream job/position/career? Is your current job preparing you for it? Or setting you in line with it?
    I proudly can say I've accomplished one dream of mine, which is being a published author! I'd like to write books for the rest of my life! My number ONE dream in the whole world is to be a stay-at-home mom and housewife. For a lot of people, that sounds like torture, but that is the dream God has laid on my heart. It's actually more than a dream. I might literally die if it never happens. If I grow so old and never get married, and then I'm no longer able to have kids, I would get sick from depression, it might kill me. But I know that won't happen because this is a dream given by God, and he takes care of all that stuff!

I fix computers, of course, and do lots of miscellaneous computer work for people. It's a great job, and people are willing to pay an enormous amount of money for it, but I don't charge $200/hr. My dream job would be somehow helping people by working with them to get the software, data and other computer set-ups they need. Unfortunately, it looks like "computers" as they stand are actually on their way out, and everything's moving to the Internet and tablets/smartphones. Maybe I should take up web coding...

Didn't know "wife and mother" was a dream for younger people that's commendable, certainly, just unexpected.

Quote Originally Posted by kaitlyn View Post
    My number ONE dream in the whole world is to be a stay-at-home mom and housewife. For a lot of people, that sounds like torture, but that is the dream God has laid on my heart. It's actually more than a dream. I might literally die if it never happens. If I grow so old and never get married, and then I'm no longer able to have kids, I would get sick from depression, it might kill me. But I know that won't happen because this is a dream given by God, and he takes care of all that stuff!
    I'm so with you Kaitlyn!! Same exact thing for me... You're so right - God is in control, He's given us that dream, so He will surely fulfill it!
    kaitlyn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by learnerwithapassion View Post
    I have two dream lives; one that's realistic (relatively) and one that's fantastical.

Realistic: I want to be a soloing flutist that tours the world performing. I've been playing since I was 7, and I've already performed a LOT, so this looks possible. Whilst touring, I will hopefully find the place I want to end up living for the rest of my life (or at least a long period of it ). When I do, I'll join all the local music groups, teach lessons, and write. And maybe I'll find my soulmate along the way.

Fantastical: My DREAM upon DREAM job, would be to perform on Broadway, but I have neither the singing nor acting talent to do so. I still ADORE all musicals.
    Wow, that sounds like an amazing dream!! Sounds like it will be filled with lots of fun and adventure! Good for you!
    kaitlyn likes this.

Established Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ajones20 View Post
    Didn't know "wife and mother" was a dream for younger people that's commendable, certainly, just unexpected.
    Unexpected!! Haha! ;'D Yeah, I get that reaction a lot. :P

Quote Originally Posted by kaitlyn View Post
    Unexpected!! Haha! ;'D Yeah, I get that reaction a lot. :P
    Same here...people are always saying that. They're like, "don't you wanna get a job, or have a career??" Being a wife and mom WILL be my career.
    kaitlyn likes this.

Established Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tiallarising View Post
    Being a wife and mom WILL be my career.
    <<< This right here, ladies and gentlemen!
    tiallarising likes this.

Established Member
    My dream job would be to be on SNL as an actress/writer. It's more like a daydream job, lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast