Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Jobs

That would be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by kaitlyn View Post
    My number ONE dream in the whole world is to be a stay-at-home mom and housewife.
    There are times when I want babies so badly, and want to be a mom so much, but then there are times when I get so scared. Like, raising children really scares me sometimes. I don't want to fail I guess, and I'm such a perfectionist I'd want to raise them exactly right, which of course, there is no right way. But also, I guess I'm selfish, but I really want to do a lot in life, like travel the world, and having kids really ties you down. So, I don't know.
    learnerwithapassion

I found an excellent job for the summer. As it turns out, working in IT is a great way for a homeschooler to keep up an environment comfortable for them. Outside of when things go wrong, computer/website maintenance is a quiet, pleasant deal (with pretty great pay). Of course, it requires certain skills (ones I built in my spare time growing up), but learning them really pays off.

@ajones20 - That's great! I've thought about looking into doing graphic design/website maintenance/visual effects, but I honestly don't think I'm techy enough. That's so awesome for you though - I'm sure it's right up your alley!

@learnerwithapassion - yeah, sometimes it is really scary thinking about how these children will rely on you. For everything. You will be responsible for their lives. So yes, that is scary. But then again, I think that there are other people who could raise their kids a lot worse than me, and they still turn out "fine," so I probably won't be a detrimental influence on them. haha

Having kids does tie you down, but from what I've heard, it's totally worth it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12