Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: What's your plan B?

Established Member

What's your plan B?

What happens if your dream job doesn't work out the way you hope it would? You need something to fall back on! So, the question here is, what's your plan B?

My plan B is that if my manga-ka job doesn't work out, then I'll become a librarian. Librarians can actually make some good money!

Plan B... eek. I'm actually thinking about that a lot lately. I always "knew" I would go into IT but didn't realize until this semester that I'm actually really bad at most duties found in IT jobs (programming, math, engineering... anything but the insight and fixing stuff). So I guess I could always become a social network marketer or similar computer-field job. Barring that, some kind of writer or social worker (I really like helping people...)

Also, librarian sounds like a good job. Hopefully there'll be a push-back against all this e-book stuff before then :P

Plan B... oi. I'm not even sure I have a Plan A, yet.

I have been really interested in sustainability and the DIY (do-it-yourself) ethic, lately. That's not really much of a Plan B, but growing a lot of your own food and otherwise procuring for yourself instead of having to pay others to do it certainly helps cut back on living costs, which definitely frees up more Plan B options, y'know?

Established Member
    Plan B... hmmm... I hadn't thought about that. Plan A is a dietician (those people who spend their days planning meals for people in hospitals.) Plan B, I guess, would be waitress, until I could find a better job!

Waitressing isn't a bad job, just gotta find somewhere they tip well

I'm now also considering Technical Writing (writing documentation for hardware and software) as a career path (for plan B!) Seems to be in alignment with most of my interests.

Established Member
    My Plan A is writing books and being a stay-at-home mom and housewife! I'm going to (I think; I'm not POSITIVE) major in Psychology and minor in English. If I ever have to go to work, I'd probably do something nice with that psychology degree

Wow, not many people plan to hang around at home doing the dishes and writing the books It does sound nice... you would at least have a lot of experiences to draw from!

Plan B: A highschool counselor. I love helping people, and working/talking through their problems with them. I think I'd be better talking to kids/teens, but that's prolly just cuz I'm not an adult yet. I guess I just like helping people. Comes from having 3 younger siblings.
    learnerwithapassion

Established Member
    Doctor. That's like my "safe" job where I know I'll go to college then med school then a residency then a fellowship. And you make a lot of money...
    kaitlyn likes this.

Established Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaitlyn View Post
    My Plan A is writing books and being a stay-at-home mom and housewife! I'm going to (I think; I'm not POSITIVE) major in Psychology and minor in English. If I ever have to go to work, I'd probably do something nice with that psychology degree
    So I said this a while back, but recently (like, this week) I've decided to become an RN (registered nurse), because it would be a GREAT "Plan B" if I ever need to work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast