Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Are you going to college or no? Reason?

Established Member

Are you going to college or no? Reason?

Hey everyone! Kaitlyn Deann here. My simple question is whether or not you plan on going to college. For me, personally, I don't know yet. I'm a senior in high school, but I'm already doing everything I want to do. I've already started my career. A degree isn't going to help me. Does that mean I'm not going to take college classes? Of course not! I plan on taking one or two classes later, but only classes that aid me in my career, like speech and literature classes. (In case you don't know, my career is writing novels.)
    So are you going to college? If so, where? If not, what's YOUR reason?

Yes,I am going to college, mostly for classes that are for starting a business.

Established Member

That's cool:)

Quote Originally Posted by Tuffy View Post
    Yes,I am going to college, mostly for classes that are for starting a business.

That's cool! What do you want to do as a profession?

I want to open a animal boarding business

Established Member
    That's so cool!! I LOVE animals!! <3

That's an impressive goal, Tuffy! Our dogs aren't well-trained so we'd be out of luck without animal boarders. It's a good profession to go into.

I'm planning on getting a four-year degree in some kind of IT field. For now, I'm getting a transfer degree at a local community college

As for Kaitlyn: there's no reason a degree wouldn't help you with your career. You don't know that what you're doing now is what you're always going to be doing. At the very least, a small degree in Business or Writing would compliment your portfolio nicely if you ever worked as a writer under someone else.

Established Member
    I'm going, definitely. But I don't know where I'm going yet (guess I have time to think about it, though XD ) I'm going to take English as my major.
    Last edited by Goshilove; 08-27-2012 at 02:35 PM.
    kaitlyn likes this.

Established Member
    If I ever end up going to college, I'll definitely be majoring in English!

ajones20: I know it would be a good back up plan, but right now, there is no plan for college for me. Not yet. That may change. Probably not. Lol.
    Goshilove likes this.

Two potential English majors... I feel for you guys Kidding, college-level English classes can be really eye-opening. They were for me!

I plan on going to a music conservatory like Chapman or University of Pacific (if I get in). I'm a freshman in highschool, so by the time I audition I'll have played for 11 years!
    kaitlyn likes this.
    learnerwithapassion

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast