Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Are you going to college or no? Reason?

Thanks for the answer. It helped. Yeah I just finished my first rough draft of my new play for Scholastics. It only has a cast of 4, and it only has one set (it takes place all in the same room). It is a historical play set in 1899 about Child Labor.
    learnerwithapassion

Wow, that sounds tough to research by "Published by Scholastics," what does that actually entail? Is it performed somewhere/free to perform? Turned into book form for purchase? I don't know much about publishing.

If you win, they get to keep your writing (whether it be book, short story, play or whatevs) and they have the option of publishing it. You get an award at Carnegie Hall though (my older sister won).
    learnerwithapassion

I'm definitely going to college. I don't think they'd want a singer without a music degree to perform anywhere. I actually want a P.H.D degree in music. I guess that'll take a while. But it'd be worth it, I think. I still don't know where I'm going. I've looked at I.U., N.Y.U, and some music college in Philadelphia that I forgot the name of.

Quote Originally Posted by AutryGrace View Post
    I don't think they'd want a singer without a music degree to perform anywhere.
    I actually meant anywhere professional where I'd have to compete with singers that have degrees

Out of curiosity, why do you want a P.h.D. in music? Do you plan on teaching it at the college level someday?

It's a noble goal regardless

Established Member

Cool

GUYSGUYSGUYS! soooooo I've decided to major in Psychology! Yep! I'll minor in English, but I'm pretty positive I'm going to get my BA in Psychology!! <3 Jus sayin'

I have actually just been accepted into college!! (Yay!) But I'm not going for a degree or major...just taking creative writing, technical writing, regular writing (basically all writing/English) classes to help improve my writing! I'm so excited, and I hope to start this fall! I'm mainly excited because I love to learn, and I love writing (obviously). However, a degree or major is not a priority for me. After all, you can't get a degree in Writing. It has to be in English, and general English just isn't my focus. Besides, my main goal is to be a wife and mom, so college is just going to be a way to improve my writing as I continue writing novels, and hopefully freelance editing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123