Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By tiallarising
  • 1 Post By tiallarising
  • 1 Post By kaitlyn
  • 1 Post By tiallarising

Thread: Accomplishments!

Accomplishments!

Alright everyone, I am giving you bragging rights. Yes, bragging rights. I want to hear about your accomplishments! All homeschoolers have at least some kind of accomplishment...ranging along all levels. So tell me, what are your accomplishments?

Mine: Writing and publishing a 482-page YA (young adult) fantasy action-adventure novel. Designing and creating a book trailer for said book. Designing and creating a website for said book. Graduating with over 34 credits. Excelling in piano - performing Mozart's Turkish March after only 1 1/2 years of lessons. Landing a front-page article in our local newspaper because of my book. Mastering Windows 8. (Yes, that is an accomplishment for me. haha)

Being admitted into college and having the prerequisites for some 102 classes waived because of my published book! I'm sure you can see a pattern here...my book has a lot to do with this. (The Ruby Vial | Flagstaff, AZ 86001)

What are yours? Remember, you have full bragging rights, so don't be shy!

Aww c'mon everybody! I know there are some amazing accomplishments on this site. Let's hear them!

Okay, well, I've won the Shasta County Young Writers Contest three years running now (you get a $50 B&N gift card DD). All with short stories. I've completed NanoWrimo twice now (once in 2008, and then this last year!). I just got 2nd place in a big concerto contest ($300!!!) for performing Concertino (by Cecile Chaminade) from memory, that got me featured in the newspaper. I've gotten the top rating of 1 and a Command Performance the last two years at the CMEA Music Festival allowing me to go on to States (in Sacramento) where I a received a top rating of 1 there too. Last spring I performed Fantasie (by Gabriel Faure) from memory at my Symphony concert. I've been taking music classes at my community college since I was 9. Oh, last semester I did a 5 minute speech about Concertino and the composer, and then performed the piece for the first time in front of the college Performance Analysis Class. Then I was asked to perform it at this huge choir concert. Ummm... I got a Silver Key for the play I entered in the Scholastics Writing/Art Contest (Gold Key takes you to Nationals). I won 2nd place for a big painting I did of girl... I've won a Triathlon, and gotten 2nd place in one. That's all I can think of right now...

And hooray for you Tialla for all of your amazing accomplishments!
    learnerwithapassion

@learnerwithapassion: Wow, I am uber impressed!! Your accomplishments are amazing!! I am sure you will go far in life...with all your experience performing, it sounds like the stage will be natural for you. I'm so impressed...I'm almost speechless. Good for you!! Congratulations!

Established Member
    I published my debut novel at the age of 17, and am currently editing the sequel which will be released this year. I've managed to make it through my teen years without TOO much of a struggle. I've been invited to do multiple author events, one of which they paid me a lot of moola for!! I make my own book covers because I love designing things. I've also designed my own website. I finished highschool English two years before needed. I play the piano, and I've been told I'm an extremely fast learner. Also, I too have mastered Windows 8 after thinking I never would. Here's my website if you guys would like to find out more about my book and stuff!! www.kaitlyndeann.com

@kaitlyn - Congrats!! I think it's so awesome that you have been invited to all those author events!! That will give you some awesome experience, girl. And I'm still overwhelmingly impressed with your book covers. You do SUCH a great job!

Awesome accomplishments!!