Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By learnerwithapassion
  • 1 Post By OrchidCeleste98
  • 1 Post By tiallarising

Thread: Favorite movies?

Cool Favorite movies?

I figure since this is off-topic, why don't we talk about our favorite movies?? I absolutely love movies, so I'm always excited to talk about my faves. Here we go:

-The Dark Knight Rises
    -The Dark Knight
    -LOTR - The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers, The Return of the King
    -Chocolat
    -Alice in Wonderland - with Johnny Depp
    -Master and Commander
    -Pirates of the Caribbean - all 3
    -Iron Man
    -Thor
    -The Phantom of the Opera - with Gerard Butler
    -Race to Witch Mountain
    -Soul Surfer
    -Moonwalker

I'm sure there are more, but that's obviously a lot of favorites! haha What are yours??

Totally agree with you on the Lord of the Rings (BIGGEST NERD/FAN EVER), Phantom of the Opera (I seriously could watch this over and over again all day long. All three main characters are HOT, music is earth shattering amazing, and the story is so intense!!!), and Pirates (all 3). I also love Soul Surfer, and my new fave Les Miserable. I love Newsies (anyone seen that?), anything with Abigail Breslin in it, and oh gosh, I have so many more.... Mean Girls of course (although seriously Kat, I would NOT have been so naive if I'd gone to public highschool. Geez, putting a bad name for homeschoolers...) OH! Dur, the Harry Potter movies... OH! I looooooooooove Secondhand Lions, I cry every time. Remember the Titans is awesome (Sunshine is the best). GAsp I almost forgot! THE BACKTO THE FUTURE MOVIES!!! I adoooooooooore those movies. And last but not least, Inception was mind boggling, and anything with Joseph Gordon-Levitt... OH DUUUUUUUUUR! 10 Things I hate about you!!!!!!! Best movie ever!!!
    kaitlyn likes this.
    learnerwithapassion

Established Member
    -The Devil Wears Prada
    -All the Harry Potter movies except #6 because it was way too different from the book.
    -Mean girls is funny, but it annoys my how she can just come back from africa with normal clothes and no accent or anything.
    -Baby Mama
    and
    -The original version or Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
    kaitlyn likes this.

@learnerwithapassion - I absolutely LOVE the Phantom of the Opera, and I totally agree with you on it about everything! Though, I think Eric (the Phantom) beats Raoul any day. Just sayin'. I loooove the Phantom...and his voice is uh-mazing!! Wow I love a LOT of those movies as well! I have never seen Newsies, Harry Potter, Les Miserable, Mean Girls, 10 Things I Hate About You, or Inception...but I really want to see Les Miserables and Inception. Also, YES, the Back to the Future Movies are awesome. Except they could use a bit less foul language.

@OrchidCeleste98 - I have to say, I have never seen any of those movies, but I've heard that The Devil Wears Prada is really good!

~All Harry Potter movies
    ~Peter Pan (2003)
    ~Hitch
    ~Casper
    ~Race to Witch Mountain
    ~Soul Surfer

*Any action movies (nothing beats original Die Hard with Hans Gruber)
    *Lots of romcoms. Loved meet the parents. (STOP LAUGHING)
    *Good spy thrillers/intrigue movies. Skyfall was a great recent one.

Good to see people have varied taste. OrchidCeleste's mention of the original Chocolate Factory brings nostalgia.

Oh, I love the original Chocolate Factory. <3 I know a kid who seriously is the exact look-alike of Charlie. OMG. I just watched the Star Trek movie (I'm going to go see the sequel that's in theatres now). I grew up on the original show, and I was surprised how good the new movie was. Have any of you seen it? It was so cool to see them all as babies
    learnerwithapassion

I have not seen the new Star Trek movie (I was actually kind of annoyed that someone felt the need to make ANOTHER Star Trek movie), but my dad and older brother are huge Trekkies, so we'll probably end up seeing it eventually.

@kassik98 - Glad to hear that someone else also likes Race to Witch Mountain & Soul Surfer!! Love those movies! XD