Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi again!!!

Established Member

Hi again!!!

Hey everyone! Sorry I disappeared for sooo long. Let me catch you all up: This summer I was part of a Theatre Guild in my area for the local youth. We did Shakespeare's "As You Like It", but with a modern twist. That went pretty well, and we all had an amazing time. The past three weeks, I've been going to a highschool in my area. First time in a public school in 5 years! Well, that's been going pretty well. So anyways, my apologies for disappearing again, but life happens. Glad to be back!

We meet again.

It's good to hear that, though! Didn't you say theater was something you were really interested in (can't remember)? I envy your ability to act, especially in those fancy Shakespeare plays. Also your ability to do well in public school. Hope it's not too much homework

Haha, good to have you back! I'm glad you had an awesome summer! From what I heard, it sounds like most of us had a pretty busy vacation. I guess that's what they're for - to do things we don't normally have time for!

By the way, that's awesome about theater. I have several friends who participate in plays all the time, but I have never done it myself. Congrats!

I hope everything goes well at public school! What grade are you in?

Established Member
    It's a long story. I went to public school up until 4th grade, then went to homeschooling. That ended last year, and I'm now in 9th grade. But the first year I homeschooled, I basically redid 4th grade. So, I'm technically a 10th grader, but I needed to go into 9th to qualify for graduation.

Established Member
    Well, ever since a guy at my church started doing fun skits, I've been interested in theatre. So when this came up, I knew that I had to be a part of it. So here I am now, after doing a Shakespeare play and about 10 skits, and I love it!

If you don't mind me asking, why did you have to go back into 9th grade to qualify for graduation? Is that just a specific requirement for your state or something?

Established Member
    Yeah. All they require is that I go to any school for all four years, and to try not to switch halfway through. Besides, I used to be really young for my grade. Now I'm just a typical 9th grader.

So do you have to go through all four high school grades again then? (Since you switched back...) That would kinda stink!

Established Member
    well, its fun at least. and I had only done 9th grade in homeschooling so far, so I don't have to back up too far. But my algebra class is pretty remedial right now.

Oh, I see. Yeah, that's not too bad then - it's like being left back a grade, and even then, it's not ALL the same stuff as last time! (Hopefully)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast