Thread: Nerd Fandoms?

Nerd Fandoms?

What are some of your nerd fandoms? Meaning, something that you absolutely love, but is totally nerdy. For me, it's the Lord of the Rings. Books and movies, actors, and music - everything. What about you? I'd love to hear!

Haha, I'm kind of obsessive compulsive, so whatever movie or book is my fav at the time, or whoever is my fav singer/actor, I always come across as totally nerdy. But that's okay with me.
    learnerwithapassion

Haha, I'm kind of obsessive compulsive, so whatever movie or book is my fav at the time, or whoever is my fav singer/actor, I always come across as totally nerdy. But that's okay with me. Right now, I'm really nerdy about Markus Zusak (fanTASTIC author, The Book Thief, I am the Messenger), Late Nite Reading (Band), Dr. Who (hehe, shall I say more?), and Les Miserable. Just to name a few.
    learnerwithapassion

All of them

Goodness, my brother is big into Lord of the Rings right now. Didja hear The Hobbit was supposed to be nine hours long (three three-hour movies)? If you're a really fast reader, you could probably just read the book in that amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by ajones20 View Post
    Didja hear The Hobbit was supposed to be nine hours long (three three-hour movies)? If you're a really fast reader, you could probably just read the book in that amount of time.
    Yes! And I don't really understand why because the book is the size of The Fellowship of the Ring, and there was only one movie made for the Fellowship. Kind of strange... Still, the movie was good, and I'm looking forward to the next two! But the book was better.

Quote Originally Posted by learnerwithapassion View Post
    Haha, I'm kind of obsessive compulsive, so whatever movie or book is my fav at the time, or whoever is my fav singer/actor, I always come across as totally nerdy. But that's okay with me. Right now, I'm really nerdy about Markus Zusak (fanTASTIC author, The Book Thief, I am the Messenger), Late Nite Reading (Band), Dr. Who (hehe, shall I say more?), and Les Miserable. Just to name a few.
    Oh my goodness, I love Les Miserable!!! Definitely a nerd fandom of mine. And I've heard the Book Thief is amazing, I just haven't had a chance to read it yet.

Established Member
    Mine is anything Legend of Zelda! I have been playing since about 5 years old, and have been addicted ever since. BTW, how is Le Miz? Haven't seen the movie yet, but i have heard great reviews so far! =)

It was utterly amazing... I went to see it twice in the big theater just because it fantastic. I will be buying it as soon as it comes out. It was ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!!!
    learnerwithapassion