Thread: Sports!

Cool Sports!

What kind of sports do you like? You don't have to actually do them, just enjoying watching them will work. I am not athletic at all, so I will totally understand if you aren't either! Today I'm actually attending an all day skiing and snowboarding event, which gets me really excited because I love snowboarding SO much.

So, what kind of sports do you like?

Established Member
    I love softball/baseball!!!!!! It's one of my looooves <3

Tennis to play. Basketball and baseball to watch. I just curl up every time someone starts talking about football.

Skiing and snowboarding are more terrifying than any of those, though wow!

Quote Originally Posted by kaitlyn View Post
    I love softball/baseball!!!!!! It's one of my looooves <3
    That's awesome. I love watching softball! But...every time I got to play it (especially if I'm in the out-field) I always get confused where to throw the ball, and being a pretty lame player, haha. I'm assuming you're pretty good at it?

Quote Originally Posted by ajones20 View Post
    Tennis to play. Basketball and baseball to watch. I just curl up every time someone starts talking about football.

Skiing and snowboarding are more terrifying than any of those, though wow!
    You know, there are a LOT of tennis players around where I live. It always terrifies me, but I've heard that it's super fun! Basketball is pretty fun...if you're not playing with competitive people. So from your statement, I'm guessing you don't watch the superbowl?? haha

Yeah snowboarding and skiing are pretty dangerous...people are getting hurt all the time, but it's still an amazing sport. Also, I live in a ski town, so it's kind of the thing to do, and looked highly upon. haha

[QUOTE=tiallarising;1063]You know, there are a LOT of tennis players around where I live. It always terrifies me, but I've heard that it's super fun! Basketball is pretty fun...if you're not playing with competitive people. So from your statement, I'm guessing you don't watch the superbowl?? haha/QUOTE]

I watch the superbowl but that's about it

Any kind of skiing sounds like a great time, though. Even water skiing. You must live really far north - there's very little in the way of "snow places" to hang at around here.

I love to swim (though I'm not very fast; I just swim a mile of front crawl 3 times a week). I looove baseball (I'm a good catcher, if I do say so myself; and I can bat lefty or righty). I loove watching football, but only if it's one of my fav teams, otherwise I could care less. I looove watching gymnastics, ice skating, diving, swimming, baseball... I do NOT like soccer, sorry friends. And I'm sure there is more, but I can't think of anything else.
    learnerwithapassion

Established Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tiallarising View Post
    That's awesome. I love watching softball! But...every time I got to play it (especially if I'm in the out-field) I always get confused where to throw the ball, and being a pretty lame player, haha. I'm assuming you're pretty good at it?
    Yes, I was ALWAYS hind catcher, but they had a substitute just in case I couldn't be hind catcher. And sometimes the coach would want me to take a break. Sooo he put me in the outfield, which when playing Fast Pitch softball, you do a lot of running while trying to catch the ball, then throwing it back to infield. Yeah, I loved it a lot. Catching was ma thang.

Quote Originally Posted by kaitlyn View Post
    Yes, I was ALWAYS hind catcher, but they had a substitute just in case I couldn't be hind catcher. And sometimes the coach would want me to take a break. Sooo he put me in the outfield, which when playing Fast Pitch softball, you do a lot of running while trying to catch the ball, then throwing it back to infield. Yeah, I loved it a lot. Catching was ma thang.
    That's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by learnerwithapassion View Post
    I love to swim (though I'm not very fast; I just swim a mile of front crawl 3 times a week). I looove baseball (I'm a good catcher, if I do say so myself; and I can bat lefty or righty). I loove watching football, but only if it's one of my fav teams, otherwise I could care less. I looove watching gymnastics, ice skating, diving, swimming, baseball... I do NOT like soccer, sorry friends. And I'm sure there is more, but I can't think of anything else.
    Sounds like you and Kaitlyn has some things in common when it comes to baseball! Oh ice skating! I forgot about that! Ice skating is amazing. I'm with you on soccer, though. :P