Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trivia

True. The artificial sweeteners in the diet makes it less-healthy.

Didn't Borglum start carving but Robinson was the "Father of Mount Rushmore"? Or something like that haha.

Question: Why are artificial sweeteners worse than high fructose corn syrup?

Gutzon Borglum did most of the carving, but he actually died before he was able to finish it, so his son Lincoln Borglum finished it. ...I don't know anything about a Robinson.

Answer: I'm guessing because even though high fructose corn syrup is very unhealthy, it is more "natural" and therefore slightly easier on the body, while artificial sweetners can eat away the body's tissues, resemble plastic in their molecular structure, and do more harm than the sweet taste is worth. Maybe...kind of close? I know for a fact than Splenda resembles plastic VERY closely in its molecular structure, and Sweet 'N Low will actually eat away the placenta in a pregnant woman's body. Now there's a gross fact for you. Haha So...how close am I to answering your question?

Question: Why does the holiday Easter constantly change days/weeks each year, instead of like Thanksgiving, always falling on the fourth Thursday of November, or Christmas, always on December 25th?
    Last edited by tiallarising; 06-03-2014 at 09:16 PM.

Pretty close. Haha!

And I'm pretty sure it's because of how the church calendar falls; Lent, Easter, Pentecost, ect. Am I right?

Question: What is the first season in the church calendar?

That may be part of it, but I learned a while back that Easter (and therefore the rest of those holidays) follows the moon cycle. Kind of crazy, huh?

I really have no idea...I've never known there was such a thing as a "church calendar" actually...so I'm going to go with fall, just because. What is it?

Question: What is the number of books an average person reads in a year?

It goes from Advent to Christmas, to Epiphany, to Lent, to Easter, Pentecost, and so forth. From my knowledge, I think the Church Calendar or the Liturgical Year only is for the religions who serve Holy Communion, as the altar cloths change with the season. Catholics, Lutherans, etc. I'm going to a summer camp revolving around the Liturgical year, actually. Haha.

Answer: Well, I'm definitely above average, but I'd say about 20?

Question: Who was the first man to receive a speeding ticket?

Wow, I never knew any of that. Crazy stuff. Haha

Actually, it's really, really sad. The "average" is one book - some sources even say less than one. **This is why the world is in the shape that it is.**

Answer: Wow I think I learned this before, but I've totally forgotten. Who?

Question: What are the three components of homemade lemonade?

The driver was Jacob German who drove for the Electric Vehicle Company, which leased its electric taxicabs to be used around New York.

Lemons, sugar, and water?

Question: What's the biggest waterpark in the US?

Yup - lemons, sugar, and water.

I have no idea. I've never really been to a waterpark, so I wouldn't know. What is it?

Question: What is the technical name for a dog that is a cross between a Maltese and a Poodle?

I have absolutely no idea....And the answer is the Kalahari Resort in Sandusky, Ohio. It's the largest indoor waterpark in the US, and I can vouch for it and say that, yes, it is quite big.

Question: What's the longest technical name for a phobia? (Arachnophobia, etc)

Wow, neat. I've never been to Ohio, but if I go sometime, I'll have to check it out! And the answer is "Maltipoo." Haha!

I almost looked this one up but didn't. I don't know - what is it?

Question: Myth or not: Certain foods affect amount of acne.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123