Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By learnerwithapassion
  • 1 Post By meg20089

Thread: What do you think of the Desolation of Smaug?

What do you think of the Desolation of Smaug?

My family and I saw the Hobbit 2 this Saturday for the first time. I really enjoyed it - more than Hobbit 1 for sure. I guess I was just kind of shocked by how dark Hobbit 1 was for me to enjoy it as much - I wasn't expecting such a dark movie from the lighthearted children's story. However, I expected it with Hobbit 2, which is why I enjoyed it more, I think. I was prepared. Haha Even so, I loved the story line more, there was more adventure in it, I really appreciated the character development (yes, I DID like Tauriel), and all in all, I really enjoyed it. I recognize that it was more violent than the first movie (as in, more vivid decapitations), but...I still liked it more.

What did you think?
    Last edited by tiallarising; 01-29-2014 at 09:35 PM.

I liked it a whole lot!!! I didn't think I was going to like Tauriel, but I did I loved the little romance (I thought it quite adorable), and I LOVED Smaug and Bilbo. ))) Yes, I liked it a lot more than the 1st one. Haha, Legolas looked so much older though. xD
    tiallarising likes this.
    learnerwithapassion

Woohoo! I'm so glad you liked it also!! I completely agree with everything you said...the romance was adorable, Smaug and Bilbo were awesome.... XD Yeah Legolas looked so much older which is funny because it's supposed to be a prequel to LOTR. Oh well, what can you expect 13ish years later? Haha

I haven't seen it, but hopefully I will soon!
    tiallarising likes this.