Thread: Greetings from Missouri

Greetings from Missouri

Hello everyone,

We have been homeschooling since 1990, first with my 3 kids who are now grown, and now with my 3 grandkids!

When my kids went to college, I went back also and got my teaching degree in Vocational Business, Marketing and English. Taught in the PS for 3 years thinking I could make a difference...it is a BIG machine and I was just a little nut.

I stepped down and went to get my Masters in Education: Learning and Technology with research into brain function regarding education and the learner. It is pretty fascinating stuff.

With all that said...when we started I didn't feel at all qualified to teach my kids. The qualification was that I was their mom, I loved them, I did my best and they did their best...usually.

Bottom line, they turned out fine, got academic scholarships and are happy, caring and stable adults!

I look forward to visiting and learning from you all!

Hello Brainboost! Glad to see you've joined our community! I hope that you can find some valuable resources here!
    Jamie
    Mrs. J - homeschooling six in our crazy eclectic way! Using Spelling City, Time4Learning, and a lot more...and blogging about it at MomSCHOOL!

Hello, there! We're glad to have you! It sounds like you've definitely had some great experience with homeschooling. How exciting that you are homeschooling your grandkids!

Hey Brainboost! Welcome aboard!