Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Julie

Thread: Julie

Julie

Hi everyone! We are just starting our ninth grade year with my dd. She has been hsed since mid seventh grade. I am, of course, already freaking out about college applications . So it is great to have a place like this to help with the planning for college part. We will be doing a mix of things this year including one class at our local high school and an online class.

Super Moderator
    Welcome, Julie! It's awesome to have you come hang out with us!

What state are you in? I love hearing about homeschoolers who are able to participate in local school classes and extracurriculars!
    Creating this site has been a dream come true!! I hope it will be a help and encouragement to you in your homeschooling journey!!!

Sincerely,
    Kerry - Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
    Welcome, Julie! It's awesome to have you come hang out with us!

What state are you in? I love hearing about homeschoolers who are able to participate in local school classes and extracurriculars!
    We are in Iowa. It is helpful to have that option for extracurriculars and classes. The online class is through the school district too, but that is new. They used to be available only to kids who had failed a class in high school. They could repeat them online over the summer. But now they are available to hsed kids who are enrolled in the homeschool assistance program through the school district. So we are going to try one and see how it goes. I like that it is free.

Thanks for starting this site!
    Kerry likes this.

Welcome Julie. Nice to have you here
    HSing mom to 3 fantastic children ...DD1 15.5( grade 12), DS 14 ( grade 8), and DD2 9(grade 3).

Hi, Julie. Welcome! It's not too early to start thinking about college. Thanks for letting us be a part of your daughter's high school journey!

Hi Julie! We are going through the same thing. Looking at colleges and panicking. Funny, because I didn't think much about college when I was in the 9th grade. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    Hi Julie! We are going through the same thing. Looking at colleges and panicking. Funny, because I didn't think much about college when I was in the 9th grade. LOL
    What is even funnier is that I WAS thinking about it in 9th grade, mostly in terms of a way out of the little town we lived in at the time. My 9th grader rolls her eyes when I bring up college, "Mom, I am only fourteen!!". But I guess it is good that she isn't as anxious as I am about it, or anxious at all really.

Hi Julie... nice to meet you... I didn't think much about college in ninth grade either... but I sure am for my kids. I think our culture is changing some. Makes us almost have to go to college...
    Mrs. J - homeschooling six in our crazy eclectic way! Using Spelling City, Time4Learning, and a lot more...and blogging about it at MomSCHOOL!

Quote Originally Posted by mrs.j View Post
    Hi Julie... nice to meet you... I didn't think much about college in ninth grade either... but I sure am for my kids. I think our culture is changing some. Makes us almost have to go to college...
    College is the new high school and grad school is the new college. I am wondering where the insanity will end. My grandchildren will need PhD's just to get a job.

You are so right Julie...wish there were some way to change things.
    Mrs. J - homeschooling six in our crazy eclectic way! Using Spelling City, Time4Learning, and a lot more...and blogging about it at MomSCHOOL!