Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jamie

Thread: Is it normal for teens to sleep ALOT?

Is it normal for teens to sleep ALOT?

My teen loves to sleep. Most of the time it isn't because they have staying up late. They actually go to bed early, but still will sleep till about 12 or even 1 in the afternoon.

Do other teens have this same issue?
    tiallarising likes this.
    Mrs. J - homeschooling six in our crazy eclectic way! Using Spelling City, Time4Learning, and a lot more...and blogging about it at MomSCHOOL!

I've noticed that lately, I could sleep until noon if I allowed myself. I never used to sleep that long, I might just lay in bed trying to sleep until eleven, but I wouldn't actually be asleep. However now, I don't know what has changed, but I could be sound asleep until noon or later - even with going to bed at 10:30 or so. It's seems really strange to me, and I'm not sure why.... By the way, I'm 18.

Super Moderator
    My youngest sleeps constantly. If he "accidentally" wakes up before 11am, he might be up for an hour or so, but then I'll find him conked back out until early afternoon. And he never goes to bed later than say 1am. So it is befuddling. I do remember napping a lot in my teenage years, but I don't remember ever really sleeping till noon.
    Creating this site has been a dream come true!! I hope it will be a help and encouragement to you in your homeschooling journey!!!

Sincerely,
    Kerry - Site Admin

Could it be a growth spurt causing him to be more tired?
    My son isn't a teen (he's 11), but I find he's been sleeping a lot lately.