Thread: Any parents of NaNoWriMo 2015 participants?

Any parents of NaNoWriMo 2015 participants?

One of my daughters has signed up for National Novel Writing Month, which starts November 1st. Are there any others here? Are there any parents participating?

I've always loved the thought of NaNoWriMo, but I've never done it myself. Still, it seems like a great writing challenge! I wish you daughter the best!!

Established Member
    My daughter did NaNoWriMo for a few years, but has now aged out. It really helped with motivation for writing. She also met all kinds of virtual "friends" and received great support through the forums. (She's now a creative writing/journalism major!!)

I've never done it myself.
    Carol

Homeschooled two kids for 11 years

Daughter (20), a University of Iowa sophomore double majoring in English with Creative Writing and Journalism

Son (19), a Purdue University freshman majoring in Computer Science

We did it! DD reached her November goal yesterday, 51K words so far, and I did the day before, 52K words so far.

It was great fun, it was outrageous, and it was free! We'll probably do it again next year.

Fantastic!! Congrats to both of you! So so cool!

I'd love to try this for next year, can anyone give me more detailed information?
    Mrs. J - homeschooling six in our crazy eclectic way! Using Spelling City, Time4Learning, and a lot more...and blogging about it at MomSCHOOL!

Here is the link to the website with all the information to sign up and participate: National Novel Writing Month

It's a pretty neat program!