Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Inmom

Thread: Arranging Transcript

Arranging Transcript

I've read in the forums about a hs mom arranging their teen's transcripts by subject rather than grade. Could someone explain to me how this would look? I've just never heard of this and wondered how it would be done. It sounded as though this would be done if a student had struggled with, say, math. TIA!

Established Member
    You would simply arrange the subjects (typically the core ones first--English, math, social studies, foreign language), then in each subject list the courses completed, starting with the earliest first to show progression. If you go to this site, Lee Binz has two sample transcripts one by subject and one by year. Homeschool Transcripts | Homeschool High School

If using a transcript as part of a college application process, check with the colleges first to see what format they want. I was also going to do a "by subject" transcript until I found out they wanted a chronological one. I thought a "by subject" transcript would really highlight the areas my teens excelled in: math for my son (5 years of high school math, 3 years of college level math) and English and foreign language for my daughter.
    Last edited by Inmom; 11-27-2014 at 02:41 PM.
    Carissa likes this.
    Carol

Homeschooled two kids for 11 years

Daughter (20), a University of Iowa sophomore double majoring in English with Creative Writing and Journalism

Son (19), a Purdue University freshman majoring in Computer Science