Thread: New NCES Homeschooling Data Report is out for US Homeschoolers

Super Moderator

New NCES Homeschooling Data Report is out for US Homeschoolers

I'm not sure why these things are only updated every several years, because homeschoolers are gluttons for data! Anyway, homeschoolers have been waiting for the latest report from the National Center for Educational Statistics, and it's finally out! It's considered "current" as of August 2012, best I can tell.

Here's the link to the full pdf, if you enjoy browsing that kind of thing: http://nces.ed.gov/pubs2013/2013028.pdf

But I did find it interesting that it projects that there are currently around 514,000 high school age homeschoolers in the U.S.

Is that number higher or lower than what you would have estimated??

Creating this site has been a dream come true!! I hope it will be a help and encouragement to you in your homeschooling journey!!!

Sincerely,
    Kerry - Site Admin

That number is definitely lower than I would have thought. In fact, I really do believe that the numbers we get from government census about homeschooling are very low. Many homeschoolers are part of umbrella programs, and thus are reported as "schooled." Just my two cents... LOL!
    Mrs. J - homeschooling six in our crazy eclectic way! Using Spelling City, Time4Learning, and a lot more...and blogging about it at MomSCHOOL!