Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Kerry
  • 1 Post By dbmamaz

Thread: So, It's March...

So, It's March...

We are nearing year end for some of us (some go year 'round).
    Did you still love your curriculum choices after using them? Swap anything out? Change anything around?

We started out doing Biology and I decided to switch to Physical Science (mid-year) for my non-science kid. I also decided to use Apologia, which I have always vowed not to do, and we actually enjoy it.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    We are nearing year end for some of us (some go year 'round).
    Did you still love your curriculum choices after using them? Swap anything out? Change anything around?

We started out doing Biology and I decided to switch to Physical Science (mid-year) for my non-science kid. I also decided to use Apologia, which I have always vowed not to do, and we actually enjoy it.
    Definitely still wishing we hadn't gone with "Science for High School" for biology, but that's water under the bridge as we're only three weeks away from completing the course. :P We're starting on an end-of-year exploration of career studies, using the e-book at CurrClick from 7 Sisters. As a secular homeschooling family, it's way too religiously based, but the concepts are really helpful, so we're using what we can of it. My 17 year old feels this "need" to nail down what he wants to do with his life, so this study is at his suggestion. (I won't tell him that even if he nails it down, it's probably going to get right back up and walk again in the future)
    Robin likes this.
    Creating this site has been a dream come true!! I hope it will be a help and encouragement to you in your homeschooling journey!!!

Sincerely,
    Kerry - Site Admin

i used Chemistry Matters from singapormath.com and hated it! we're going to finish it up quickly and do some subjects in physics and then do advanced biology topics next year, since its his fave.

not so sure about ANYTHING . . going through one of those 'omg, i didnt do enough' panics. it doesnt help that winter holiday ended up being 3 weeks, then we had a week off for flu/strep, a week off for bad cold leading in to my surgery, a week off for surgery recovery . . . i feel like we havent done anything!
    Robin likes this.

dbmamaz, I get that way as well...then I try to remember that I am only on my own schedule. We can carry 9th grade through the summer or into next fall if we need to. I really want us to enjoy the experience.

Kerry, I know what you mean. We try to use secular curriculum unless we are studying religion, and as you know, Apologia is very Christian. lol. We have studied so many different religions that we can make do with a Christian curriculum and still apply what we feel or believe with it.