Thread: Summer is almost over

Summer is almost over

Have you got all your plans together for the upcoming year?
    We have our curriculum decided on, but planned out? Well...not quite.
    We were going to start school on Aug. 27, but I think I'm pushing it back to begin the day after Labor Day. I'd like to have a month of lessons planned out by the time we start.

I am working on the last of lesson plans. Hoping to start the 20th.

Denise

Ah summer is nearly over, how sad. But...the homeschool adventure at our house is just about to begin!

It will be really interesting this year for us. We moved from Iowa to So Cal where it's always summer!
    I have our books all ready but I wonder how our schedule will work with so many temptations out the door between the beach and living in an area with other kids to play with when they get home from school (which is earlier here at 2:30 instead of 3:30 in Ia).
    We are going to really have to set a morning schedule and stick to it without other things planned like we usually do.
    Full-time mom of a 13yr old serious guy, 10 yr old DIVA, 7yr old thrill seeker, and 3 yr old charmer.
    Lover of books, the ocean, and a good deal

I love all the things LHSHS has to offer... I have been putting together a Senior year for my daughter (college prep and college credit involved) using links from here and the facebook page! Awesome information!
    Mrs. J - homeschooling six in our crazy eclectic way! Using Spelling City, Time4Learning, and a lot more...and blogging about it at MomSCHOOL!

Established Member
    Officially starting full time homeschooling after Labor Day. But the kiddos have been taking an online course through IU High School this summer in addition to some MOOC free courses. They also started at a satellite campus of our state university with one course each last week. So I guess we sort of ease into it.....

Plans are mostly together. Unfortunately, I was ill for the last 2 weeks and now I am in scramble mode to get it together. Fortunately school officially starts the Wednesday after Labor Day.

Our plans are together . We have schooled part time for the summer and start back up tomorrow morning. the kids are really excited.
    HSing mom to 3 fantastic children ...DD1 15.5( grade 12), DS 14 ( grade 8), and DD2 9(grade 3).