Thread: Are you ready for the new school year?

Are you ready for the new school year?

We've already started our year, but I'm not sure I was ready.

Some of my kids are still finishing last years work, while another skipped a grade. UGH!

I'm hoping that all kinks get worked out and I can relax by the fall. (wishful thinking?)
    It's a bit stressful having 2 in high school. My daughter skipped 8th grade, and I'm still debating if she was really ready. She is determined, and I am trying to make myself relax. If she's not ready, I can still give her the extra year. One thing I am trying to learn is not to worry. My kids have all scored well on our standardized tests and I know they will fair well in college no matter where they go.

Have any of you started? Are you still planning the year?

Super Moderator
    We will officially start later this year than we have ever started...the first week of September. Even though we are started late this year we will still finish early because we don't take all the holidays and breaks and occasionally throw in a Saturday for good measure. We like to finish by the end of April.

Update: Everything is going smoothly here thanks to Time4Learning. All of my kids are enjoying their studies! Everything is being completed each day with no drama! I've also been able to catch up in grading since a lot of the time the grading is just adding the grades to my system. I do still have some papers to grade for the supplements, but it's much easier. This might be a good year!