Thread: Mathletics?

Mathletics?

Has anyone else used Mathletics? We started it this year and liked it the first week, probably because answers were easy. Then 2nd week it got MEGA hard and I do not know if I like the way Math is presented. It is basically a test and if you do not know how to do it, you click the ? mark and it gives you a basic explanation.

We came from Time 4 Learning to this. I prefer an online Math that teaches and reteaches which is reason I picked Mathletics. It looked great but I am not sure now. As there is really no teaching it seems. I can print out a worksheet BUT they are not the same as the test/lessons so? What is the point!LOL

We are early enough in the year to change it up.
    Any ideas? Anyone used it and figured out a better way?

I don't have any experience with this, but have you tried Teaching Textbooks? It's not online, but it is computer based.

when I was in school we did a program like that, it was GREAT for me in ELEMENTARY school as I was way ahead, and got like 95% right on all the tests... BUT past that I can't see it working.

We landed up using Jacobs for Geometry (very hard) and saxon for math (did all the problems and reviews, she hated me) but she did great on the SAT AFTER their ADVANCED MATH book... this year we are doing AP Calc...
    I will second teaching textbooks (I loved it, she didn't as she likes 'books') ... for lower grades we used singapore math (original not the 'new math' series)

Jen
    We have used it for a couple of years now and i supplement with free Khan Academy if we need more explanation / understanding. Doing grade 6 and grade 8.

I haven't used mathletics, but I have to second Jen...Khan Academy is awesome for anything you may have difficulty teaching!
    Mrs. J - homeschooling six in our crazy eclectic way! Using Spelling City, Time4Learning, and a lot more...and blogging about it at MomSCHOOL!