Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: New High School Curriculum from Time4Learning

Super Moderator

New High School Curriculum from Time4Learning

My youngest son benefited SO much from the Time4Learning homeschool curriculum during middle school. We used it as our core for language arts and math for 5th-8th grades and as our core for social studies in 7th grade and as a supplement for science and social studies the remaining years. I was THRILLED to learn that they are opening up their curriculum through 12th grade starting this fall!! If you haven't heard about the new high school program, here's the link for more info: Homeschooling High School Courses - Time4Learning

If you've never used T4L and have any questions about it, feel free to PM me!
    bailbrae and snippets like this.
    Creating this site has been a dream come true!! I hope it will be a help and encouragement to you in your homeschooling journey!!!

Sincerely,
    Kerry - Site Admin

Super Moderator
    My daughter also used T4L and it was wonderful because their curriculum was a good fit for her right-brained learning style...visual learner. I am thrilled about the new courses and we are definitely signing up!!

Has anyone actually seen what they are offering yet? Every time I try to look, it asks for my contact information. Its getting a little late to be considering new options.

Moderator: This page has course info. http://www.time4learning.com/newsletters/July2013_highschool_info.htm

Super Moderator
    My son has been with T4L since 2nd grade, so we were beyond excited when we found out that T4L was going to offer high school courses. We are about a month into his 9th grade year right now, and things are going great! I love that my record keeping will remain the same, and he is enjoying the courses so far. Definitely noticed that they are longer and more involved than what he's used to (as it should be, lol), but he likes the videos with the instructors...says he likes seeing actual faces.

If anyone else is using T4L for high school, how is your year going so far?

Well, we have used part of T4L highschool now for almost a year. So far I'm pretty impressed. My 1oth grader has enjoyed it. What do you all think about your experience now that we almost have a year in?
    Mrs. J - homeschooling six in our crazy eclectic way! Using Spelling City, Time4Learning, and a lot more...and blogging about it at MomSCHOOL!

We aren't using T4LH.S. right now as we aren't there yet. I'm contemplating using T4LH.S. for like an outline (so to speak), to help keep me on the right track. I would love to hear from other homeschooling families, too. Thanks in advance.

Carissa... from what we have used on the T4L highschool program, the courses are pretty in depth - and would definitely include much more than an outline. They are pretty challenging!
    pandahoneybee and Carissa like this.
    Mrs. J - homeschooling six in our crazy eclectic way! Using Spelling City, Time4Learning, and a lot more...and blogging about it at MomSCHOOL!

Hey, Jamie! Thanks for the info about T4LH.S. My DD is beginning 7th grade in August and I'm just kicking around what I'm going to do for H.S. I'm glad to hear that they are challenging. Is your DC in 9th grade this year?
    Last edited by Carissa; 04-19-2014 at 10:11 PM.

Hey Carissa!

We too, use Time4learning high school, we were so happy when they started to offer it past the 8th grade. I use it for Alegbra-1,America History and English-1, with music classes (outside source) Art class (with artist hubby) Biology and Spanish 2 (local co-op_ I should say I outsourced biology because I don't like having to set up the labs).

I am having my now 11th grader do the English 1/2 this year and 3/4, we did World Lit 1 and 2 and Literature through movies (with heavy writing classes) for 9th and 10th grades. I wanted to give him the literature side of high school english first since he loves to read!

I like being able to see what he is doing each day and if he is having any issues, which is harder to find out when he takes classes outside the home.

Hope this helps a little!
    Carissa likes this.
    “Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.”
    ― Dr. Seuss

Enough said.. Michelle aka pandahoneybee

Hey Carissa!

We too, use Time4learning high school, we were so happy when they started to offer it past the 8th grade. I use it for Alegbra-1,America History and English-1, with music classes (outside source) Art class (with artist hubby) Biology and Spanish 2 (local co-op_ I should say I outsourced biology because I don't like having to set up the labs).

I am having my now 11th grader do the English 1/2 this year and 3/4, we did World Lit 1 and 2 and Literature through movies (with heavy writing classes) for 9th and 10th grades. I wanted to give him the literature side of high school english first since he loves to read!

I like being able to see what he is doing each day and if he is having any issues, which is harder to find out when he takes classes outside the home.

Hope this helps a little!
    “Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.”
    ― Dr. Seuss

Enough said.. Michelle aka pandahoneybee

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast