Thread: Difficult courses - need some insight

Super Moderator

Difficult courses - need some insight

I'd love to know for those of you who have kiddos currently in college or dual enrollment, if any of them hit any "roadblocks" with difficult courses. My son is definitely struggling with Chemistry this semester, and granted, our homeschool version was a "Lite" version, but I never dreamed the kiddo would even TAKE chemistry in college. (he's sort of wishing that himself right now) Anyway, there is requisite guilt going on from my end and feelings of inadequacy on his. Is this just a normal college feeling that you could get whether you were homeschooled or not, do you think???
    Creating this site has been a dream come true!! I hope it will be a help and encouragement to you in your homeschooling journey!!!

Sincerely,
    Kerry - Site Admin

I had a horrible time with chemistry in college and I went to ps and took it in high school. What is the difficulty? For me it was the math.

Sure... the math really hits some people hard. Has he tried watching the Kahn Academy videos for the topics he has trouble with... I am soooo in love with Kahn Academy... it really helps us in tough spots!!
    Mrs. J - homeschooling six in our crazy eclectic way! Using Spelling City, Time4Learning, and a lot more...and blogging about it at MomSCHOOL!

Super Moderator
    I've definitely suggested the Kahn stuff...thanks for that reminder. I'm also encouraging him to sign up with a peer tutor, which is something the community college offers at no cost to students. Seems like a no-brainer to me!!
    Creating this site has been a dream come true!! I hope it will be a help and encouragement to you in your homeschooling journey!!!

Sincerely,
    Kerry - Site Admin