Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: High school through the summer

I should confess that since we began homeschooling we have done only three subjects during the summer (math,writing music)
    But like Shoe and Kerry I was overwhelmed this year and decided a REAL break is what I NEEDED... We have started back and adding to the schedule slowly, and yes we have books that have not been completed so we are working on that as well....
    I AM so happy to be on this site and to have such helpful people already on here!! THANKS!
    “Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.”
    ― Dr. Seuss

Enough said.. Michelle aka pandahoneybee

I have to say... I needed a break this summer too. I try to have the kids do light work like spelling city lessons on math concepts...or finish up what they didn't finish from this past term.

I'm putting In a vote for "good" mom! Just trying to do what's best for your children!
    Mrs. J - homeschooling six in our crazy eclectic way! Using Spelling City, Time4Learning, and a lot more...and blogging about it at MomSCHOOL!

We always schooled year round with various extended breaks when I needed them most! Then, a few years back, my daughter finished her first year of public high school and my son FINISHED his math program in June. I declared summer vacation. It was so great, we never went back. We now start mid-August and end by Memorial Day-no matter what! That extended mental break lets us travel to family far away and just spend some time daydreaming.

hahaha we would spend the entire summer on the computer . . .

We are starting in 2 weeks and plan on going all summer. Learning is everywhere, why would you stop? To me it brings back memories of public school.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12