Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By AutryGrace
  • 1 Post By ajones20
  • 1 Post By AutryGrace

Thread: Hello

Hello

Hi there my name is Autry and I'm going to start high school in January. I want to be a classical singer, and I am already studying hard! I used to go the the OCSA Classical voice conservatory (the people there are amazing) but it became too much, so I decided that I could get just as great a music education at home! Currently, I sing with an Anglican church choir and take voice lessons. But once I start high school, I plan to do other things with my music education. It's a whimsical dream of mine to help out at the LA Opera, since I know some people in the chorus and I sing a little opera.

My favorite colors are mint green, cream, and faded peach. I want to drive a volkswagon van that is all of those colors. I would love to talk to other homeschoolers, especially those pursuing a musical career also!

_Autry
    Last edited by AutryGrace; 11-27-2012 at 10:56 PM.
    kaitlyn likes this.

Hey! I'm going to pursue a career as a soloing flutist! And I want a red Volkswagen bus.
    learnerwithapassion

That's awesome. Homeschool musicians unite!

I used to play flute and piano but I stopped a while back. Really interesting stuff though - so you want to be in an opera when you're older?

There was a discussion on a capella music in here somewhere. Makes me jealous of people who can sing :P
    kaitlyn likes this.

Yes! I sing all sorts of classical music really. I mostly sing art song, opera, and old church music. It's really great! I'm sure I could be someone in the singing world someday, though I have a long way to go You can follow my singing adventures (and other stuff in my life, I guess) at Teenage Opera Singer ! Yep.
    kaitlyn likes this.

Hey, cool blog! We have a Student Blogroll on here if you'd like me to add you to it.

Thank you!! I added it just now, thanks to your advice

Thanks for all the replies, everyone!! I feel very welcome on these homeschool forums.

Established Member
    Hi Autry! Sorry I just now am replying! I just wanted to say that your blog is really cool! I'm following you now! I'm Kaitlyn Deann, so yeah! Haha I looove the piano. It's the only instrument I play, but I LOVE it. I'm so jealous of people who can sing!!! Haha
    Last edited by kaitlyn; 02-04-2013 at 10:14 PM.

Wow, it sounds like you have an amazing singing career ahead of you! I'll have to check out your blog - I absolutely love music, and hearing people sing makes my heart flutter just a bit. Nice to meet you!