Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By OrchidCeleste98

Thread: Hello! I'm Liza

Established Member

Hello! I'm Liza

*Sorry there's two of these threads, the forum wasn't showing the first one I tried.

Hi, my name is Liza and I am 15 and homeschooling 9th grade. I have been homeschooling for 2 years, I was at a really suck-y middle school, I lasted 6 months there before I started homeschooling.

I plan on homeschooling through high school. I take a math class at a public high school now, it's quite annoying to go there because over the announcements the principal (who sounds weirdly like Neil Flynn) is always talking about the importance of graduation. Where I live you can't graduate if you homeschool.

I might take classes at the community college next year.

Someday I want to be either a doctor or a screen/comedy writer. Random, I know...

I love the Harry Potter books. I enjoy watching Scrubs. I talk really fast.

I have a blog (vintagelaceblog.wordpress.com) where I try to be as controversial as possible without offending any of my relatives. It's harder than it looks.

I am artistically challenged.

I play the violin and the oboe. My favorite homeschool subject is biology. My favorite color is purple.

Anyway, I look forward to 'meeting' all of you!
    Last edited by OrchidCeleste98; 04-08-2013 at 12:32 AM.
    kaitlyn likes this.

By the way, I will definitely subscribe to your blog! I have a blog on wordpress also (tiallarising.wordpress.com) though until I graduate, I can't promise any posts. I also LOVE biology. I took regular biology my freshman year, marine biology my junior year, and I am now taking advanced biology. It's the boss!! Also, purple is definitely an amazing color. I kind of use it...too much.

Hahaha, oh man, your blog is great! Good sense of humor. You've got big talent and aspirations for a homeschooler of 15. Would you like me to add your to the student blog roll on this site? I always offer that when someone shares their blog, it might help you get more exposure.

Established Member
    Thanks!
    I'm actually already on the blog role here, it does get me more blog traffic.

Established Member
    Hi, Liza! My name is Kaitlyn! I have a blog on wordpress too! (authorkaitlyndeann.wordpress.com), and I've already started following you! I haven't posted much recently because I've been working on finishing my senior year up and doing some college stuff! I'm going to be an RN! Thought you might like that since you mentioned wanting to be a doctor. Why can't you graduate in your state? Here, in Texas (I don't know about anywhere else), all you have to do is have your own ceremony and reception. My mom is going to make my diploma! Hahaha! Getting into college here isn't hard. They actually have an option when you're applying and you have to choose how you did high school: "Public school, private school, or home school?" No lie. I didn't know this until this last week when I filled out an application! So yeah, Texas (or at least the part I live in) is really chill about homeschoolers.

Established Member
    Hi Liza! I hope homeschooling is a lot of fun for you! I was homeschooled for 6 years, and now am going to a local public school. It was a big change! But anywho, welcome to the board. Best of wishes!