Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ajones20

Thread: Peer review essays?

Peer review essays?

Hey, I'm planning on homeschooling this year, and I was wondering if anyone knew of any online system for getting essays reviewed. Possibly a review-for-review thing? And if there isn't something like this already out there.... Is anyone interested in creating one?

Hi there,

You know, I'm not sure if there's something like that out there, but I'm sure students in this forum would be excited to create a review group! In fact, if you are working on a difficult essay, and would like some suggestions, feel free to send me an email with the essay attached - [email protected]. I would be happy to help you!

-Tia

Oh man, I had something for this one semester in English, but I never used it... I'll try to re-find it for you.
    tiallarising likes this.

Okay, hmm. I looked into it, and it wasn't a peer review service so much as a for-pay review service my college had a subscription to:

Buy Now | Smarthinking, Inc.

They grammar-check your essay and everything, but most students aren't exactly rich enough to afford this. That said, a review-for-review service would be awesome. I'd code a web platform for it if I had the free time.

Of course, as an alternative, if you wanted to post a link to an essays you wrote here, I'm sure the passionate, writerly types (myself included) would be more than willing to check/review them for you

I'm sure we'd all help you out if you wanted to post it on here! Haha, I think most of us here are "writerly types". =)