Thread: ACT or SAT?

ACT or SAT?

I've heard that a lot of colleges and universities only accept the SAT, but I'm not certain. I feel like the ACT would be better for me since I'm not very strong in math, but from what I've seen, I might need to take the SAT anyway just to get into college. What would you suggest? Thanks!

I would suggest doing both. For my two oldest daughters, we take the SAT and the ACT as many times as necessary to get a decent score. The first two times you take the test, you are still jittery and nervous. By the time that you've taken it the third time, you know what to expect and most of the nervous jitters are gone. This enables the test to get a more accurate picture of the student.
    Mrs. J - homeschooling six in our crazy eclectic way! Using Spelling City, Time4Learning, and a lot more...and blogging about it at MomSCHOOL!

Oh, taking the test multiple times is a good idea! For some reason, I had always thought students just took it once, but knowing that we can take it more than once to hopefully get a good score definitely takes some of the nerves away! I suppose it wouldn't hurt to take both tests either. That way, I know I'll do better with the ACT, but I will still have the SAT under my belt in case colleges look for it. Thanks!