Thread: Good, quick "packable" foods?

Good, quick "packable" foods?

Hey, this is sort of a college/school question but it's more general and not really about schoolwork. Every day at college I have a lunch break from 12 to 1. I always carry a smallish blue lunchbag to campus with a small lunch in it, usually with some variety of sandwiches, fruit and granola bars or yogurt. But now I'm wondering what other kinds of "packable" foods are good for taking to school? Ideally something I could buy in bulk or make really quick.

Established Member
    It's along the line of sandwiches, but I like to break things up a little by making wraps instead. It also gets me away from eating so much bread.

Also, hard boiled eggs are an easy, healthy, quick thing to pack. (From the lady who has 18 hens.....)
    Carol

Homeschooled two kids for 11 years

Daughter (20), a University of Iowa sophomore double majoring in English with Creative Writing and Journalism

Son (19), a Purdue University freshman majoring in Computer Science

Oh yeah, good idea. I think I'll try a wrap tomorrow. No need for bread at all even, just wrap some cheese up in ham and whatnot

Alright, been switching things around the last few days on college trips so I figured I'd post some of the things I've discovered are good for packing

POLYGONAL CHEESE: Specificially those cheese sticks or cubes or any form of chese that isn't just thin slices. Won't feel you up but tastes great!
    ANY FRUIT: I usually take yogurt if I don't take cheese, and fruit goes great with that. Generally the more packable ones are small fruits like strawberries, blueberries and such. Bananas can get squished in a little lunchbag, but they're still edible anyway
    MICROWAVE FOODS: Luckily, most schools (even colleges) seem to have microwaves in their lunchrooms. I can sometimes eat in the lunchroom, too, if I get there before the 12 o'clock People Shower.

Established Member
    I was thinking: Unhealthy: ramen noodles Healthy: granola bars, dish of cheerios for a snack, apples, bananas, oranges, cucumber slices, crackers with or without PB/cream cheese. I hope it helps!