Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How's your summer going?

How's your summer going?

How's your summer going? Mine has been super busy! Haha! I've participated in the AFHE homeschool convention, and sold several copies of my book. I don't know how many times I gave the summary of my book, and I spoke with so many people that they all kind of blend together! However, it was SO much, and I totally want to do it again next year - hopefully with my sequel as well!

I'm at 16,000 words currently in my sequel, so it is coming along. I'm so excited for it! We almost have the cover design finished, which is awesome if I say so myself, and I already have someone to format the interior, convert it to e-Book, and more!

So yeah, how's it all going with you all?

Oh, this is all good to hear. Are you planning on a more widespread publishing of your next book? I think the last one was online-only, but I could be wrong.

I'm sitting in a cushy house, taking care of cats for people while they're on vacation. On top of my other two jobs, it's nice to finally have a little money this summer. I managed to bump up my car a few days ago, though, so it looks like I'll be putting that money to use...

@ajones20 - 'Tis true that my last novel is only available online...but it's in Paperback and E-Book. Actually, our local university bookstore does stock it...but that's it. I'd *like* to hook up with a mainstream publisher someday, but I don't think that's going to happen for this. I don't know, maybe, but it's unlikely.

Sorry to hear about your car! That stinks...it seems the same way for me though, you just get money and something comes up that you have to spend it on. :/ Haha taking care of cats; that's always....exciting? (I personally do not like cats. :P)

Well, I grew up around dogs, so cats are a huge change :P Other than that, this place (LHSHS) seems awfully quiet this season. Maybe we'll have more people to chime in once school comes rolling around in August.

It definitely is quiet now.... I keep posting new topics and no one except for you and occasionally "learnerwithapassion" comments. haha I'm definitely hoping it picks up when school starts.

So are the cats a good change or a bad change?

My summer is really hectic! My mom bought a house, and we're moving over the summer, but first we had to paint, and put new carpet in, and do all sorts of stuff like that, whilst packing up our old house. Plus, I practicing (or trying to anyways) a lot for my flute camp (which is at the end of July). So yeah. Also, trying to fit in little bits of writing here and there. So, sorry I haven't been on much. :P Main reason is that we moved our computer to our new house, so whenever I'm at our old one packing, I have no internet, and whenever I'm at our new one, I'm usually too busy to get on for more then a second. So, sorry again.

Tialla, that's super cool about your book! And your sequel! I wish I could stick with my idea and write it out to the end, but I have a feeling that won't happen for a while.

Andrew, I love cats. I have like 8. 5 of those are kittens. I've never had a dog. Sorry about your car. That sucks. Oh, that's another thing I'm doing this summer. Taking Driver's Ed.
    learnerwithapassion

Established Member
    I'm on vacation in Guatemala right now. My mom has a friend who runs an art school here. We're staying around this lake that's so pretty, it's like you can just stick your camera out of the window and the picture looks like a post card.

@learnerwithapassion- good luck with driver's ed! I tried to get my permit a few weeks ago...I failed the test. I probably shouldn't be driving anyway, though, I'm not exactly clear on which pedal is the brake and which one is the gas!

learnerwithapassion: that sure does sound like a lot! Do you enjoy flute camp so far? I took lessons a while back and still have a flute buried away. But you seem like a creative/passionate person so maybe you'll be able to keep up with it (learning music is hard work...)

Flute camp is in two weeks, so I haven't done it yet, but I am looking forward to it so much! That's cool that you played flute! I love music, but you're right, it can be hard to keep up practicing every single day. :/
    learnerwithapassion

Established Member
    This summer I went to Las Vegas to chill (just kidding; we roasted thanks to the 120 degree weather), camping in Sequoia National Park in Cali (best part of that 2-week vacation), and then Disneyland for a couple of days! While on my way back from this awesome vacation, I got an email from Readers' Favorite Awards, a contest my book was nominated for. I MADE IT TO THE FINALS! Now, "The Witches' Sleep" is in the top 500 books out of thousands of entries! I was like, "NO WAY!" They invited me to come to Miami, Florida in November for the Awards Ceremony, and OF COURSE I'M GOING! I'm so excited about this!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast