Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Robin

Thread: Jane Austen fans?

Jane Austen fans?

Any Jane Austen fans out there?? You don't even have to be a fan - just secretly like Jane Austen's books/movies. What are your faves? Mine are: Pride and Prejudice, Emma, and Sense and Sensibility.

I also ADORE Jane Eyre, but that's by Charlotte Bronte, not Austen. Still, it's a classic.

C'mon, no Jane Austen fans??? That's sad.... :'( see that? That was a tear. haha

I'm a fan. Love Emma!
    tiallarising likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    I'm a fan. Love Emma!
    Yes!! I'm so glad there's another fan! Emma is amazing...so funny, ironic, and hilarious.

I adore Jane Austen!!! I love Pride and Prejudice so so much!! I also love the mini-series of it, and the movie Sense and Sensibility. I haven't read or seen Emma, but I'm guessing I should.
    learnerwithapassion

Quote Originally Posted by learnerwithapassion View Post
    I adore Jane Austen!!! I love Pride and Prejudice so so much!! I also love the mini-series of it, and the movie Sense and Sensibility. I haven't read or seen Emma, but I'm guessing I should.
    So good to hear from another fan!! I was getting worried there for a bit... Isn't Pride and Prejudice amazing?! Which movie do you like better, the BBC one (w/Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy) or the new one (with Keira Knightley as Elizabeth)? I just saw the new one, and I have to say, I was very impressed. I wasn't expecting it to be that good...though the character development was lacking a little. Still, I think I'll always be partial to the 5-hour BBC version.

And yes, you most definitely need to see Emma!